Iced coffee is a cold coffee drink. Everybody prepared it with a cold coffee, where the coffee grounds are soaked for several hours and then filtrated.
If you need some of me, but it’s too hot for coffee, drink it on the ice! To prepare the coffee with the best taste, freezing the coffee in cold water. Strain it with concentrated coffee and pour it on ice. Mix cold water or milk and enjoy it immediately. You can also play with flavors and textures. For example, try making iced coffee with vanilla or iced coffee.
- 1/3 cup (30 g) of coarsely ground coffee
- 1 1⁄2 cups (350 ml) of cold water, preferably filtered
- Milk or half-and-half, to serve
Mix the coffee with cold water in the French press.
Take out the French press and pour 1/3 cup (30 g) of ground coffee. Pour 1 1 2 cups (350 ml) of cold water and use a spoon to mix gently.
- Don’t spit out the French press yet, because coffee grounds need a long time to come in contact with water.
- If you do not have a French press, connect coffee and water in a jar, container or coffee machine.
Keep cold the French press whole night.
Since you probably can’t attach the French Press to your fridge lid, cover the top of the French press with a plastic sheet or beeswax. Keep the press in the refrigerator and let it run for at least 12 hours or a full night.
- For a stronger iced coffee, leave to infuse for up to 24 hours.
Note: When you need a more quantity of cold coffee, Increase the amount of ground coffee and water (almost double). Then pour it in a French press.
Immerse the French press.
Eliminate the French press from the freezer and take out the plastic bag or beeswax. Adjust the top cover of the French press and press down slowly to move the bottom part down.
Pour the coffee through the filter to remove the natural oils.
For the purest flavor coffee, place the coffee filter on a fine mesh filter and place it in the measuring cup. Pour the cold coffee slowly through the filter and discard the waste in the landfill or leave it in the compost.
- If you made coffee in a container or in a can, you must filter the coffee to remove the sediment.
- If you do not remember the natural oils in the coffee, pour the coffee through the filter.
Discharge the cold espresso or coffee over the ice and mix it with water or milk.
Make full a glass to serve with ice cubes and pour coffee cold sufficient to return to half of the glass. Then fulfill the rest of the glass with cold water or milk. Gently blend the drink to mix the coffee and drink it before the ice softens.
- Preserve the remaining coffee concentrate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Try the alternatives
Cool the hot coffee instead of preparing it cold. If you don’t have time to make cold brewed coffee, prepare a cup of hot coffee. Use your preferred infusion method and then refrigerate the coffee until it is cold. Then pour the cold coffee into a glass full of ice and enjoy it.
Melt the instant coffee ground and pour it on ice for a fast drink. This is the other rapid way to prepare an iced coffee. Mix 6 gram of instant coffee with 30 ml of hot water in a tall glass. Then fulfill the glass with ice and pour 240 ml cold water on it. Mix the ice cream with a long spoon and take it before the ice melts down.
- You should use cold milk as a substitute for water for creamy iced coffee.
Use the ice cubes of coffee. To prevent iced coffee from diluting when the ice melts, prepare the coffee cubes before preparing the drink. Just place the cold coffee in an ice tray and stay until the cubes are firm.
- It is a great way to use the remains coffee instead of throwing them away.
Mix your favorite syrup to improve the taste. Buy or prepare caramel syrup, vanilla or chocolate. For simple sweetness, use soft syrup. Then mix as desired. Play with the combination of flavors like chocolate caramel to prepare distinctive iced coffee drinks.
- Store at a low-temperature homemade syrup in a sealed container for 1-2 weeks.
Combine cold coffee with ice cream for a creamy taste. Put 240 ml of cold coffee and 59 ml of milk in a glass. Fill the glass with ice cream and add 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- If you want, remove the ice cubes and add more ice.
Mix the cold coffee to make a frappe. Pour 240 ml cold coffee into the blender and add 420 gram of ice cubes with 25 gram of sugar. Place the lid in the blender and mix the ingredients until smooth. Then place the frappe in a cup and place it with the cream and saute before serving.
- If desired, add 2 tablespoons of beverage, such as vanilla caramel.