Descaling is an important part of the Keurig brewing process. This process eliminates the calcium tincture or scale that may develop over time in the coffee machine. Calcium and scales are not poisonous, but they remain unattended, which can interfere with your brewery.
The descaling process should run every 3 or 6 months to maintain the long-term health of the brewer.
- One bottle Keurig Descaling Solution.
- A large ceramic mug (don’t use paper).
- Access to a sink.
- Do not forget to turn the power off to start the process. Then empty the container and remove the water filter.
- Pour the Keurig decalcification solution into the reservoir.
- Fill the empty bottle with water and add it to the container.
- Therefore, turn on the power switch, place the cup and start the cleaning brew using 10-ounce brew size.
- Pour the mug contents into the sink and repeat until the “add water” light flashes.
- Put the brew machine stand for 30 minutes with power on condition.
- Then wash the container thoroughly.
- Finally, fill the container with fresh water and make at least 12 cleaning cycles.